Time is Up!
2. ENTRY: By entering the competition, all entrants acknowledge that their payment of entry may range between $5.00 – $50.00(USD) per entry (unless free entry by post) to answer the question and thereby enter the competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize. The promoter does not in any way guarantee the value of the prize and makes no representation or warranty in respect of its accuracy. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has acted in breach of any of these terms and conditions. There is no limit to the number of entries that any one person can make via the website (although the total number of paid tickets available is just 7000). There is a limit of one free postal entry per household to be sent to the promoter. The information on the ID must match the household address. Non-compliant entries will be disqualified. Don’t forget to include the answer to the question and all your personal details. Paid and free postal entries will be treated the same. We will stop accepting free entries when we reach the number of available free tickets, which is equal to the number of paid tickets, or the competition closes because all paid tickets have been sold. Only completed entries will be entered in the competition. As a condition of entering the competition, entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The promoter will not be liable in any way if an entrant enters the competition unlawfully. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has acted in breach of any of these terms and conditions. The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults, postal service delays or any other reason. The promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the website. English is the only language in which an entrant may submit their entry. An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorized use of, any of the code that constitutes the website. Each entrant should retain a copy of these terms and conditions for their future reference.
3. PRIZE: The purpose of the contest is to win the prize – The prize will be transferred by the promoter to the winner free from all mortgages, charges and other encumbrances, at the promoter’s expense and including all fees, charges, and Italian house purchase taxes. The promoter is not responsible for any taxes incurred in the entrant’s country for winning an overseas property and it is the entrant’s responsibility to know if any taxes are due. Prizes will vary contingent of contest entering
All entries to the competition are final. No refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the closing date. The winner of the prize will be the entrant whose details are randomly drawn before a live audience, by an independent third-party administrator and their Staff. The promoters’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the competition following the determination of the winner as described above. The winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or Valid ID to the promoter to prove their identity and that their entry was made using a valid payment means belonging to the entrant or used with the express authorization of the card or funds holder. The promoter will also share a copy of the passport or ID provided with the notary for the purpose of the property transfer. Each entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this competition.
The promoter makes no representation or warranty as to the valuation of the prize, its structural or cosmetic condition or its ability to be sold. Entrants should make and rely on their own inquiries and legal advice about the prize before entering the competition. The promotor will be held harmless and therefore not be liable for any accidents, personal injury, death or any type of loss including but not limited to economic loss suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the promoter, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and administrating the competition, distributing the prize to the winner or following the distribution of the prize. The promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the prize details, description or specification or any other part of the website. It is the responsibility of each entrant (and the winner) to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
The promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the website. These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any entrant and the promoters. The competition operated by the promoter to which these terms and conditions apply, wherein the entrants submit entries via the website www.visitcentralitaly.com or by post.
5. WINNER: The winning entrant/s will be chosen at random by an independent third party and their staff. The winners will receive their prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. TRANSFER OF PROPERTY: The entrants and the promoters recognize that the transfer of ownership of the house is strictly governed by Italian Law and the competition itself and its associated activities by UK law. The winner will be required to sign a transfer deed in the city of Rome, Italy, at the office of the Notary, to transfer the property into the winner’s name within 28 days of being notified. Transfer fees included as part of the prize package. If the 1st place winner already owns a home in Italy, the 1st place winner will be responsible for any additional expenses and/or the second home “tax”.
7. VALUATION: Valuation of prize varied by contest, including notary fees, Italian house taxes and associated travel, transport, and transfer costs, and additional prizes.
9. ENTRY: An answer submitted to the question by the entrant to have an opportunity to win the prize, in conjunction with the payment of each ticket.
10. ENTRANT: Any eligible person who enters the competition through the website or by post to try and win the prize.
11. QUESTION: The question that the entrants must answer correctly to proceed with an opportunity to win the prize. In answering the question, the entrant recognizes that they must exercise skill and judgment to give the correct answer.
12. PROMOTER AND COMPANY: Visitcentralitaly.com LTD 27 Old Gloucester Street London WC1N 3AX (“the
Promoter”), working with a website designer and collaborator Armand Giovannotto.
13. LANGUAGE: English is the only language in which an entrant may submit their entry
14. CLOSING THE CONTEST: If the maximum number of available paid entries to the competition is not equal to the number of paid entries received at the closing date, the competition will close and the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the house as a prize at the discretion of the promoter, or the remaining funds will be allocated as a cash prize to a winner after the deduction of any expenses and marketing fees. If all tickets are sold prior to the closing date the draw will take place earlier.
15. DISCLOSURE: The competition is organized and run by the promoter. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.